The final update for Visual Studio 2010 Lab Management has been released (click here for the download). This update contains fixes and updates to the Lab Management functionality to improve performance, stability, usability and diagnostic information.
Here’s a list of major fixes for Lab Management included in this update:
- Improves performance for Lab Management Workflow Wizard.
- Improves performance for running automated test cases on Network Isolated Lab environments.
- Fixes an issue in which a Test Controller service account that is the same as a Lab Service account causes issues with environment capabilities.
- There is a new Expression Encoder 4.0 based Video Diagnostic data adapter to collect video recording when you perform tests. This diagnostic adapter replaces the Windows Media Encoder base video diagnostic adapter. This functionality is also available as a separate update. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 2160831
However, there is more than just Lab Management updates and fixes in this update. There are numerous fixes for Team Foundation Server and the Visual Studio Team Explorer 2010 client as well. Click here to see a list of other fixes included with this update.
If you run the update on your development machine (applies to Visual Studio 2010 Professional and Ultimate only), you should see the update (KB983578) referenced in the Visual Studio 2010 About dialog – for example:
This update applies to the following:
- TFS 2010 Application Tier servers
- TFS 2010 build machines
- Client machines (i.e. machines running Microsoft Test Manager and/or Visual Studio 2010)
- Test Controller Machines
- Lab Virtual Machines (VMs)
For more information, check out these links: