22 September 2009

TFSExamples.com – Part II

A while back, I blogged about a new site that I created called TFSExamples.com with the intent that it serve as a community-based repository for examples showing how to make use of the TFS object model.  Several great examples were added by various supporters over the last year or so.

Several weeks ago, the server hosting this site crashed and I have just now got the site back up and running again.  The down side – my latest backup of this particular site (that was actually usable) was about 14 months old.  I was able to restore a few of the examples but the site is missing several of the great examples that had been added.  I was hoping that I could retrieve some of the examples from Google’s cached web pages and/or archive.org.  Unfortunately, this didn’t work out either since I wasn’t able to find any of the missing pages cached on this site (some of the pages that I was able to restore were there, however).

I hope to recreate many of the examples that were on the site as well as add some new ones over the next few weeks.  If you have any examples that make use of the TFS object model that you would like to share with the community, please check out the links below.  If you happened to be one of the members that had added an example, and it’s no longer there, I would truly appreciate it if you would be able to take the time and re-add it to the site.

TFSExamples.com Links:

  • Add New Example – displays instructions on adding a new example to the wiki
  • Browse All – displays a list of all pages in the wiki
  • Browse Categories – displays a list of all categories in the wiki
  • Request Example – allows you to request a specific example be added to the site