The TFSInfo utility has been updated for TFS 2008 Service Pack 1. This update includes the following changes:
- UPDATE: TFSInfo will correctly report TFS 2008 SP1 when it is installed.
- UPDATE: TFSInfo now displays the TFS installation folder.
- FIX: TFSInfo now finds the TFS installation folder when it has been installed in a non-default location.
You can see from the screen shot which information is displayed. In case you can't see the image, the following information is displayed by TFSInfo:
- AT Server Name
- AT Version
- AT Edition (e.g. Standard, Workgroup, or Trial)
- TFS Installation Folder
- DT Server Name
- DT Server Version (not available for TFS 2008)
- SQL Server Version
- Reporting Server URL
- TFS Installation Date
- TFS Product ID
You'll notice in the list above that the Data Tier schema version is not available for TFS 2008. This is because the column that's used to determine the schema version in TFS 2005 does not exist in TFS 2008. I haven't had any luck locating the schema version in any other table in the set of TFS 2008 databases. If I am able to determine how that information is stored (assuming it is) I will release an update. Another update will be released shortly following the next Visual Studio 2010 CTP (due out in the next couple of weeks during the PDC).
The new version can be downloaded here.
NOTE: The Team Explorer Client 2005 or 2008 needs to be installed for TFSInfo to work.
Click here to view the original post.