We’ve had yet another successful gathering of the Omaha Team System User Group. After moderating one of the Birds of a Feather sessions at last month’s Tech-Ed conference, I decided to try something similar with this month’s user group meeting format.
Rather than schedule a speaker for this meeting I decided that we would open the floor up for any Team System-related topics for discussion amongst the group. Being the middle of the summer and having changed the format to not include a speaker I didn’t expect the same turnout that we typically get at other meetings. We ended up with a total of 15 attendees which was perfect for sitting around a few tables and having some conversation.
Some of the topics we discussed included:
- Certifications – are they important (i.e. do they really matter)?
- Training – what types of training resources are available for Team System.
- Gotchas – what kind of “gotchas” have other group members ran across while working with Team System.
- APIs – what type of experience do other group members have with working with the TFS Object Model.
- How is it being used – i.e. how is Team System being used throughout the community.
- FinalBuilder – just bringing an awareness to the group that FinalBuilder has some great TFS support.
We all had some great discussion for about an hour and a half and I think everyone in the room, especially myself, left with having learned something new.
The meeting format seemed to work out great so I believe this is something we’ll do at least once per year.