17 October 2008

VSLive! Las Vegas - Day 3

Well, the "regular" conference sessions are now over.  All that is left is the post-conference session which includes an all-day hands on lab for LINQ.  I will spend part of the day in this session until it's time to head to the airport.

Once again, I spent the last session day in ALM sessions related to Team Foundation Server.

The first session of the day was mine, "Using Team Foundation Build in the "Real" World".  I thought the session went very well (I suppose the feedback will tell the real story :-).  There was great attendance and a lot of great questions being asked.  I really enjoyed presenting at VSLive! and hope to do it again in the future.

The remaining sessions covered implementing cross platform/language builds using TFS, migration vs. integration of TFS, and programming the TFS object model.

Although the sessions were great, I enjoyed talking to the other attendees and speakers the most.  It's always nice to meet other people facing the same issues as you and that have the same interests.  Because of the sessions I attend and the people I talked to, I have a lot of new information, techniques, and practices that I can take back with me and apply to my daily work.

All in all, it's been a great week at VSLive! Las Vegas.  I may have even set some kind of world record while being here - I'm not much of a gambler and, in fact, I may be the first person ever to stay in Las Vegas for five days without gambling a single cent :-)  I did enjoy a lot of other attractions while here in Las Vegas, however.  I attended a show (the Phantom of the Opera), spent time swimming (don't get a chance to do that much at home), walked the "strip" countless times, watched a battle between two pirate ships, and spent an average of $20-$25 on just about every meal I ate :-)  Speaking of food, the lunch meals provided during the conference were second to none.

If you're interested in the slides from my presentation, you can get them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment